2009-01-12

How NOT to handle payments

Whatever they think, ClickAndBuy - at least in Switzerland - is a prime example of how not to handle payments!

For a simple purchase by credit card (below 30USD) I have to create a separate account with the payment platform! What for?!

Opening the account is a multi-page huge form process... Upon submitting, an error an further fields appear from nowhere. Of course, the mandatory "yes, I want you to spam me" checkbox is checked on each iteration!

And finally, they request my mobile number! No payment without verification of my mobile phone?! WTF?! I don't give my mobile phone number to an anonymous corporation!

As I cannot buy my specific purchase in a different shop, I call them and have a nice 15 min chat to finally get my payment through (no, I didn't call from my mobile phone).

From a customer's view, this payment platform is inacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment